- When vandals poured Katie's entire year's vintage down the drain, she turned to us. You lovely lot helped to get her back on her feet - this wine is her way of saying thank you!
- 2,500 Angels snapped up 30,000 bottles in just 48 hours in our MarketPlace deal! Don't worry if you missed out, Katie set some aside especially for you.
- Katie used the Angel investment to buy a beautiful old train station to turn into a winery - how cool is that?
- Charles Simpson's specialty is taking well known grape varieties in the Languedoc, and giving them a little bit of a twist.
- So when the locals said you can't make Blanc de Blancs, he went out to prove them wrong.
- Expensive tasting, Champagne style at Languedoc prices - it's the perfect sparkler for the party season!
- When I was a young winemaker I made a Rosé wine in Provence, but the rules for this area dictated how it should be, so I couldn't express myself. Now I've had the chance to make one for Naked, I want to show that Languedoc is able to make Rosé as good or even better than in Provence.
- Thanks to Naked Wines I have been able to purchase quality old vine Carignan grapes and make the best possible wine for the Angels. I've blended these with a little Cinsault to produce this fresh and elegant wine.
- This wine is an attractive medium rosé colour, with a fruity and floral nose and an explosion of strawberry, rasberry and red fruit flavours. I was looking for the perfect balance between acidity, fruitiness, freshness and minerality - not too pale nor too strong, just perfect!
Virgile Joly, Winemaker
- When Ben came to us with a crackpot idea of using a method unique to Italian winemaking on a bunch of Grenache, Syrah and Carignan grapes grown up a hill in the Pyrenees — we had a mild panic.
- Repasse is the technique of passing an already mature vintage over the crushed grape skins left over from a new harvest to give it even more power and flavour.
- It sounds bonkers, but we shouldn’t have worried. Ben has taken this Languedoc red to a whole new level - it's mindblowingly dark and delicious.
- Our Queen of the Languedoc has been knocking it out of the park ever since Angels rescued her from vandals who destroyed her dreams, but she hasn’t done it alone. Her winemaker husband Jean Marc has been at her side every step of the way.
- A beautiful blend of Carignan from Monsieur Jones’ vines with a dollop of aromatic Muscat from Katie’s vines. This delicious rosé really is the fruit of their marriage.
- Bursting with bright and fresh red currants, strawberries and raspberries with just a touch of elderflower. Absolutely perfect for sipping in the sun.
- With a name like Domaine de Sainte Rose, it was inevitable that we made a rosé! We love rosé, so we knew we could make something really special for our Angels.
- Naked Angels have been hugely enthusiastic and encouraging of us producing a rosé, so Naked HQ backed us to give it a try! We are honoured and flattered that you have given us this opportunity to take this new wine out there and we hope you enjoy it.
- This is a fresh, full flavoured, luscious style of rosé, dry but bursting with strawberries and cream flavours and with a wonderfully silky smooth finish. All this but with enough backbone and structure to pair with light summer dishes in addition to being the ultimate aperitif!
Charles and Ruth, Winemakers
- Having lived here for 20 years, I think Corbieres may be one of the most unspoilt areas of France. I wanted to make a wine that reflected the beauty yet wildness of this area. To show that with a little care and attention it was possible to come up with a superior style packed full of the fruit, wild herbs and individual character of the area.
- Angels voted in their masses for this wine during the Summer Tasting Tour to make my dream a reality. I thought I had something rather special but it is great to have the 'yes' vote from the Angels.
- I am a sucker for the traditional rustic Carignan grape and in this wine it is balanced perfectly with the graceful Syrah and fruity smooth Grenache. The fruit is dark and ripe with notes of wild herbs - rosemary, thyme, pepper and liquorice! The barrel ageing helps to soften the wine and control the wild rustic character.
- 2016 was such an exceptional year for reds at Sainte Rose, particularly the Rhone red varieties. We thought if any year we could make a super premium red it was this year! Whenever we do an exclusive wine in exceptional years we call it an Anniversary wine.
- We left the fruit longer on the vines for greater concentration, hand picked to select only the ripest and cleanest fruit, and used the gentlest of flavour extraction techniques. With the help of the Naked Angels we were also able to buy super high end French oak barrels in which to age this wine.
- Our anniversary blend is a statuesque, powerful and deeply flavoured wine with aromas of warm plums, blackberry and dried lavender. It's got bags of depth and concentration without the heaviness.
Charles & Ruth, Winemakers
- Last year we asked what new wines Angels want to see on the site. You replied loud and clear that you want more entry level wines. So we set out on a mission to find you some affordable gems… and boy have we found a beauty!
- The know-how and passion of the Gayrel Vineyard team make it possible to produce wines that guarantee authenticity, modernity, originality and tradition but give you great bang for your buck. The price is frankly ridiculous...
- This Sauvignon captures the intense aromas of grapefuit, lemon and lime whilst flooding the mouth with subtle and delicate flavours. Be warned - a wine of this quality, from a super talented new winemaking duo at such a bargain price isn’t going to last long.
- You've been funding Ben to make delicious, downright drinkable reds from the get go. This time, we asked him to take it up a notch and show us what he could do, on the best Southern French soils around. The result is this sensational, showstopper Syrah.
- Full to the brim with plump, ripe blackberries, melt-in-your-mouth dark chocolate and a seductively spiced licquorice kick that'll tingle and tease your tastebuds with every mouthful. Rich, rounded, and utterly voluptuous.
- If you're a patient sort, you can lay this down for up to 10 years. If you're like us... you'll be snapping up a bottle - quick sharp - and cracking it open with some sizzling pan seared duck (and anyone else you love enough to share it with).