- Sam sourced the delicious and premium Zinfandel from a top-notch vineyard in the Strathbogie ranges. Good fruit, but the real story comes from the making...
- After pressing off the skins from his latest Shiraz vintage, Sam decided to leave his Zinfandel soaking with the skins. Re-passing the wine over this skins means it picks up way more bold and intense flavours and you get a richer, bigger, powerful wine.
- Deep red in the glass and full of plush plums, spicy currants and velvety tannins. Perfect for sharing with friends.
- This is a big wine not to be taken lightly! A deep magenta in the glass with aromas of plum, dark berries, chocolate and raisins along with earthy hints and pepper, all combined to give layer upon layer of plush aromatic complexity. Be sure to decant to appreciate its full effect.
- The grapes for this wine are hand-grown and picked by Tait Hamilton from his vineyard in Heathcoate, on the border of the Mount Camel Ranges. Tait’s vineyard grows magnificent fruit, and it’s a pleasure to make wine from the best grapes.
- It’s pretty straight forward to make a good wine with fantastic fruit like this… but to show at its best it needs good (read expensive) new oak barrels. Bondholder funding helped me to buy the luxury oak which takes this wine to the next level. The funding is only part of the story, NW also links us to wonderful Angels which gives the wine a home.
The bone dry climate of Central Victoria meant these hardy little grapes were brimming with colour and flavour and Sam knew just what to do to show them at their best.
Deep red in colour with a soft tinge of purple, this beautifully balanced wine boasts a sweet and spicy character from the oak, alongside intense aromas of blackberries and blackcurrants.
As Sam says, ‘it’s a stylish and sophisticated, full-bodied red that also has a delightful freshness to it. Very classy stuff!’ Anyone else suddenly feeling very thirsty?
- Sam spent years making his name as the star of Aussie Shiraz, winning heaps of prestigious medals and the Best Shiraz in Australia trophy in the process.
- Thanks to Angel funding, he’s now running a shiny winery of his own. And stunning gems like this Reserve Shiraz are his way of saying thank you!
- Deliciously juicy, spicy and smooth, it’s made using the very best grapes he could get his rock–star hands on.
- I’ve always loved drinking wines from the Rhone Valley, particularly their Viognier/Marsanne blends, so having the chance to blend a wine made from these gorgeous expressive varieties was easy!
- Finding the perfect balance took a lot of time in the tasting room, but the outcome (I hope you’ll agree) was worth it.
- Apricot, lemon, and a hint of rose musk leap out of the glass…and into your mouth! It is refreshing, zesty, and textural, with great length and balance.
- The 2012 vintage of this little beauty was a huge hit with the Aussie Angels (and top wine critic James Halliday - who awarded it a whopping 93 points) ...now finally we've got our hands on it!
- This rich, elegant blend is Adrian and Rebecca's take on a Rhone classic. Take a long sip and let it wrap around your tongue like a velvety-smooth cashmere blanket - the perfect winter warmer.
- And because your Angel funding set Adrian and Rebecca up in business, they're giving you mates' rates.
- Aromatics lovers rejoice! A & R's favourite old-world styles were the inspiration behind this delicate, semi-dry blend that's changing a few views on the classics.
- Predominantly made up of Gewurztraminer, Riesling and Pinot Gris, the stuff of off-dry dreams. Expect tropical fruit, minerality and a little sweet spice in the finish. Fragrant, delicate and full of finesse.
- Whatever you do, don't over chill this one - you'll lose the subtle flavours that make the wine so special. Take it out of the fridge when you order your Thai takeaway and try not to sneak a sip while you wait... go on, we dare you!
- My Assemblage is a delicious testament to my winemaking journey coming full circle.
- I jumped at any winemaking opportunity as a teenager, so to revisit the very vineyards I worked on to make this awesome wine for you Angels is such an honour.
- Rich, plush and juicy - this red is selected from 4 special parcels, blended to create a heavenly wine to be shared with family and friends.
- Juicy, Winemaker
- This wine gives Sam the opportunity to incorporate new technologies and techniques in his winemaking to showcase wines from around the state of Victoria.
- The fruit for this wine was from the Gentle Annie vineyard, which Sam has been working with for over 20 years. This wine is full bodied and well balanced with luscious fruit flavours, think red fruits, blackcurrant, black pepper and spicy note from oak... deee-lish!
- Intense flavours, full bodied but a bit more restrained than your standard Aussie Shiraz... this is superbly stylish and beautifully balanced, you'll love it!
- My Rebel Shiraz is made with grapes from 4 different vineyards. The real trick is to wait for the full, ripe flavours to develop in the vineyard. After leaving the grapes to cold soak for a couple of days they're pressed and matured separately before blending into the final balanced wine.
- This wine sure packs a punch for it's price tag!!!! It has sooooo much flavour and depth, you won't believe you can pick this up for the Angel price! It's a wine for lovers of rich and full bodied reds, the flavours are full of ripe plum and berry fruit, with hints of chocolate and spice.
- A full, rich and deliciously smooth wine like this can handle a bit of heat from the kitchen... try it with Piri Piri chicken.