- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Last year Mauricio Lorca had a close call when freak late frosts decimated many vineyards in Mendoza. Thanks to Angel funding he was able to rescue his Tannat grapes in pristine condition before the frosts hit.
For the few who managed to avoid disaster, 2018 produced one of the best Argentine vintages in recent times. A Tannat as powerful and perfumed as this one won’t come around too often.
This is a big, powerful red, full of ripe dark fruit. Lush to drink, its spicy and savoury flavours and herbal aromas are a feast for the senses. If you love huge satisfying reds, this one’s got your name on it.
Straight out of the Uco Valley comes this seriously classy Malbec from Mauricio. It’s a region well known for producing spectacular reds so it’s time to get excited!
In true Lorca style, he kept an eye on every step of the process, resulting in an absolute stunner that’s brimming with black fruits and delicious notes of both chocolate and vanilla. Yum.
This sumptuous, full bodied treat has a long, smooth finish and truly warms the cockles of our hearts. It’s a perfect winter warmer so stock up now!
- When Mauricio hinted he might have access to some super special Petit Verdot grapes from the Uco Valley, we had to jump at the chance.
- Hand-harvested and specially selected for Angels, this wine has been made with all of Mauricio's talent and finesse.
- Deep violet-red in the glass and bursting full of blackberries, blueberries and violets, with just a dash of cocoa. Delicious.
Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
My son Franco and I hope you enjoy our ‘father-son’ wine as much as we do. We harvested these grapes and hand-made the wine together. This was his very first time - so this wine is very close to my heart.
This is the most special Malbec I've ever had the opportunity to create. It's been resting in French oak barrels for the past 12 months and now it's ready to savour. Red and deep violet in colour with aromas of blackcurrant, cassis, coffee and tobacco. It's rich, velvety and delicious now, but will keep on getting better and better until 2033!
Thank you for enabling me to share the passion of our family and our land to make fine, age-worthy wines like this for you.
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
- Argentinians do two things really well... steak and Malbec. And when it’s a Malbec from the region famous for producing some of Argentina’s greatest, things get really interesting.
- Mauricio’s velvety smooth drop has everything you’d look for in the ultimate Malbec. It’s dripping with lush dark fruit, that famous lick of spice, and oodles of decadent, easy-drinking yumminess.
- A million miles from supermarket wine, you can taste the pride and passion of a master craftsman in every drop. Mauricio controls every step from pruning to pressing, fermenting, bottling and storage. And thanks to Angel backing, his wines get better every year. This vintage may be his best yet.
- A freak frost in Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years. However, thanks to Angel funding, Mauricio was able to invest in a new harvest machine - so his grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- 100% Argentine Petit Verdot is rare to find in the UK and only made in tiny quantities. This wine is truly something special.
- Dark and brooding, Mauricio's velvety red is crammed with layers of rich black fruit. The flavours linger forever and the lush herbal aromas make you want to close your eyes and sigh. Looks, smells and tastes like the kind of nectar posh people drink to impress their wine snob mates.
This fabulous Malbec, made by top Argentinian winemaker Mauricio, is one of the finest we've tasted at this price tag.
Blueberry in colour with scents of sweet black fruits and subtle hints of violet on the nose. The palate is medium bodied and packed full of deliciously ripe blackcurrant flavours; with a long, smooth and juicy finish.
As a piece of advice when it arrives on the doorstep, tuck it in the wine rack, race to the butchers, buy the finest steak you can - then wave it in front of a naked flame a little bit and tuck in to both. Perfection.