Over in Argentina the Pedro Gimenez grape is a much loved part of their winemaking history and one of it’s best kept secrets and Mauricio is super stoked to finally be able to share it with Angels.
Made with that well-known sprinkling of Lorca magic, if you like your crisp, fresh and dangerously quaffable whites then you are in for a treat! Pale in colour, with aromas of green apples and a hint of grapefruit - it’s no wonder this is what those in the know are all drinking.
As the days get longer and temperatures begin to creep up, make sure you have this one at the ready; it’s a perfect summer crusher that’s just calling out for those sun filled days.
- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Last year Mauricio Lorca had a close call when freak late frosts decimated many vineyards in Mendoza. Thanks to Angel funding he was able to rescue his Tannat grapes in pristine condition before the frosts hit.
For the few who managed to avoid disaster, 2018 produced one of the best Argentine vintages in recent times. A Tannat as powerful and perfumed as this one won’t come around too often.
This is a big, powerful red, full of ripe dark fruit. Lush to drink, its spicy and savoury flavours and herbal aromas are a feast for the senses. If you love huge satisfying reds, this one’s got your name on it.
- Argentinians do two things really well... steak and Malbec. And when it’s a Malbec from the region famous for producing some of Argentina’s greatest, things get really interesting.
- Mauricio’s velvety smooth drop has everything you’d look for in the ultimate Malbec. It’s dripping with lush dark fruit, that famous lick of spice, and oodles of decadent, easy-drinking yumminess.
- A million miles from supermarket wine, you can taste the pride and passion of a master craftsman in every drop. Mauricio controls every step from pruning to pressing, fermenting, bottling and storage. And thanks to Angel backing, his wines get better every year. This vintage may be his best yet.
- This is an 100% Pink Muscat from the Lorca’s estate at El Mirador. It’s in the heart of Argentina's wine country; Mendoza, so you can expect the best.
- Mauricio wanted to showcase a grape that has been left in the background for many years and carefully hand harvested them; showing the level of care and attention he puts into his wines.
- This sweet, fresh wine boasts stunning fruity, floral aromas. Think peaches and apricots and you’ll be bang on. It’s one that will shine alongside spices such as ginger, cinnamon and cardamom so bear that in mind if going through the recipe book!
- A freak frost in Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years. However, thanks to Angel funding, Mauricio was able to invest in a new harvest machine - so his grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- 100% Argentine Petit Verdot is rare to find in the UK and only made in tiny quantities. This wine is truly something special.
- Dark and brooding, Mauricio's velvety red is crammed with layers of rich black fruit. The flavours linger forever and the lush herbal aromas make you want to close your eyes and sigh. Looks, smells and tastes like the kind of nectar posh people drink to impress their wine snob mates.
- I wanted to make something different for you Angels, luckily as soon as I mentioned a sparkling Rose from Argentina's signature grape, Naked Wines jumped at the chance.
- Made with 100% Malbec, it is a sparkling rose that I hope might win over some red wine drinkers to try a pink fizz
- Think fresh cherries and strawberries, with what I describe as 'small and brilliant bubbles', it is a treat not to be missed.