Jose was crowned your Zero to Hero champion and he spent the prize fund creating a spectacular Reserve Malbec to say thank you.
Bursting with deep red fruits, with a cheeky hint of oaky spice, it'll wrap around your tongue and give it a big ol' bear hug. Exactly what we need as the long winter nights set in.
It goes without saying that this one will really shine alongside a juicy piece of steak. No need to travel to Argentina; Argentina can come to you!
- When Mauricio first heard about us from a friend - he couldn't wait to get Naked. And neither could we.
- One of the first wines we took was this punchy Malbec - chock full of deliciously brambly, currant laden fruit flavours.
- Argentinians do two things really well...steak and Malbec...put the two together and wow, this wine reaches new heights!
- A freak frost that hit Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years, however, thanks to Angel funding that allowed him to invest in a new harvest machine, Mauricio’s grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- As a thank you, he wanted to offer our Angels a premium bottle and you voted in your masses for a dark and dense Petit Verdot. It’s safe to say he hasn’t let you down!
- Aromas of blackberries, with an excellent structure and long finish, this wine is truly something special and a wonderful show of gratitude from Mauricio. It might be our turn to thank him now..!
- I wanted to make something different for you Angels, luckily as soon as I mentioned a sparkling Rose from Argentina's signature grape, Naked Wines jumped at the chance.
- Made with 100% Malbec, it is a sparkling rose that I hope might win over some red wine drinkers to try a pink fizz
- Think fresh cherries and strawberries, with what I describe as 'small and brilliant bubbles', it is a treat not to be missed.
- Mauricio has been Naked for as long as we can remember. And together with Torrontes, he's our favourite Argentine export.
- Packing more ripened apples than an orchard, with bags of citrus zip to boot. Together with it's delicious elderflower overtones, it's British Summer in a glass... just without the rubbish weather!
- Because Mauricio is funded by YOU, you can snap up this bottle for what it's worth - and not a penny more. Perfect for a taste bud pick-me-up, any day of the week.
- Torrontes is Argentina's naughty little secret. Few know about it, which makes it all the more delightful when you discover it.
- Take all the zingy freshness of a good Sauvignon, round the flavours out with a bit of apple and pear, ease off on the gooseberry and add a touch of cream. Bingo. That's the big T for you and this one is a particularly fine example.
- Mauricio's crisp, aromatic Torrontes is the perfect match for a Thai takeaway. He recommends sticky, spicy, crispy chilli beef or a fragrant, coconutty Thai green curry.
- This fabulous Malbec, made by top Argentinian winemaker Mauricio, is one of the finest we've tasted at this price tag.
- Made possible through the support and investment of our Naked Angels, so if that's you, thank you very much. We hope you like it as much as we do!
- As a piece of advice when it arrives on the doorstep, tuck it in the wine rack, race to the butchers, buy the finest steak you can - then wave it in front of a naked flame a little bit and tuck in to both. Perfection.