- We set Mauricio the challenge to make a new Argentinian white with bags of oomph and personality. This easy-drinking quaffer delivers exactly what we’d hoped for, and more.
- It’s refreshing and citrusy, with floral and peachy notes that really lift the flavour. Each sip seems to reveal something new. The intense colour and long finish make it a really satisfying drop.
- Thanks to a special new harvester provided by Angel funding, Mauricio’s grapes avoided freak frosts that destroyed many harvests. Turning 2018 into one of the best Argentinian vintages in years.
Last year Mauricio Lorca had a close call when freak late frosts decimated many vineyards in Mendoza. Thanks to Angel funding he was able to rescue his Tannat grapes in pristine condition before the frosts hit.
For the few who managed to avoid disaster, 2018 produced one of the best Argentine vintages in recent times. A Tannat as powerful and perfumed as this one won’t come around too often.
This is a big, powerful red, full of ripe dark fruit. Lush to drink, its spicy and savoury flavours and herbal aromas are a feast for the senses. If you love huge satisfying reds, this one’s got your name on it.
- If you like the lovely mix of ripe black cherry and bitter red cherry fruit that often typifies Merlot - then you're going to love this full-bodied, ever so slightly butch take on the grape variety.
- Rich, chocolatey and full of punchiness, it leaves you wanting mouthful after mouthful - which is not bad considering it's punching well above its weight in the value/quality stakes.
- Patricio is one of our most highly rated winemakers. You simply can't get enough of him. Which is why we now stock his Reserve collection.
- Malbec is what Argentina does best (that and beef). With that extra added 'reserve' you get better grapes, and more ageing. All round, an even better wine.
- If you plan on sticking a bit of beef anywhere near an open flame in the near future, I'd suggest you get some of this in.
- Oh, and save it for your more private parties. This is too good to share with the neighbours.
- A freak frost in Argentina all but destroyed what was set to be the best vintage in 25 years. However, thanks to Angel funding, Mauricio was able to invest in a new harvest machine - so his grapes were safely tucked up in the winery before disaster struck.
- 100% Argentine Petit Verdot is rare to find in the UK and only made in tiny quantities. This wine is truly something special.
- Dark and brooding, Mauricio's velvety red is crammed with layers of rich black fruit. The flavours linger forever and the lush herbal aromas make you want to close your eyes and sigh. Looks, smells and tastes like the kind of nectar posh people drink to impress their wine snob mates.
- Marcelo says this is exactly his idea of how an everyday Malbec should be. Fruity, approachable and downright delicious.
- Bright red and vibrant in the glass with enticing aromas of fresh red fruit, cherries and plums with a rich velvety finish.
- This wine pairs perfectly with a big ol’ juicy ribeye or just enjoy by itself. Crack it open and let the fruit guide you.
- I wanted to make something different for you Angels, luckily as soon as I mentioned a sparkling Rose from Argentina's signature grape, Naked Wines jumped at the chance.
- Made with 100% Malbec, it is a sparkling rose that I hope might win over some red wine drinkers to try a pink fizz
- Think fresh cherries and strawberries, with what I describe as 'small and brilliant bubbles', it is a treat not to be missed.
- Right. Let's get this straight. If you're going to grab yourself an expensive bottle of wine for 31% less than it should be, do the sensible thing. Don't blooming well share it. Drink it all yourself.
- Just to back that up, Patricio is one of our most popular wine makers on Naked. Why - because this is what you get. Top notch fruit - all damson and mulberry and plums, with a silky finish.
- Absolutely perfect with anything like Lancashire hot pot or a nice slow cooked pork chop. Yum yum.