New around here?
Take our 2 minute quiz and get £30 of free wine, valid on your first order. Choose your own wines or snap up a handpicked case.
- Mouth-wateringly posh Blanc de Blanc Champagne is JP's speciality. He only uses the finest Chardonnay grapes in his super-crisp flagship bubbly... and you can taste the difference in every zippy sip.
- Elite winemakers like JP are a rare breed. For 20 years he's been quietly producing some of the most famous wines on the planet. To those in the know, the guy is a legend.
- And since he couldn't have done it without Angel support - you get cracking value for money. So you can afford to splash out on a posh seafood platter to savour alongside it. Divine.
- The grapes for my Poggio di Guardia come from one of the highest vineyards in Tuscany with 18-year old Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon vines.
- Thanks to your funding we've been able to take extra care to create a Super Tuscan that will rival some of the best wines in the world.
- My Poggio di Guardia is a deep purple-red, with spicy black pepper that opens up towards liquorice, mint and blueberries. It's pure silk and has a taste that will keep you coming back for more
Stefano di Blasi, Winemaker
- Polish your best Champagne flutes and buff up the ice bucket for this show-stopper!
- Produced exclusively for you, by JP Moulin - the genius behind Ruinart, Mumm and Baron de Rothschild Champagne.
- A drop-dead gorgeous Vintage Champagne that'll give the most famous labels in the world a run for their money.
Jesse Katz’s resume reads like a rock star’s telephone book. He’s one of America’s hottest young winemakers, whose wines have sold for up to $1 million at auction. But don’t panic. He’s made this top-quality Alexander Valley Cab Sav for us at Angel Prices.
Jesse sources his fruit from the best cool vineyard sites throughout Sonoma’s Alexander Valley, where the soils, climate and topography give the grapes a unique combination of richness and freshness. The grapes were all hand harvested and fermented in the best French oak barrels for 24 months at Jesse’s state of the art winery. The result is a classy and complex, yet deliciously rich blend of 82% Cabernet Sauvignon and 18% Merlot which hits every pleasure spot known to wine lovers.
The aromas just make you want to dive head first into the glass - waves of blackberries, blackcurrants, herbal notes and a subtle thread of vanilla from the oak. The palate is… if we had to sum it up in two words… concentrated decadence. Heaps of dark fruit all wrapped in a glossy sheen and with a power that belies the elegance of the wine. The chalky tannins are heaven itself. But it’s the endless length that impresses most. This is truly world class winemaking that will stand out from any other Sonoma Cab you’ve ever tried.
Reenen Borman is one of the rising stars of the South African wine scene. He once made the highest-rated South African red ever scored by leading UK wine critic Tim Atkin MW, who called him "one of the most talented young winemakers in the world". His family vineyards sit on the Boschkloof estate, about five miles from the wine hub of Stellenbosch town. It’s there he makes his flagship Epilogue, which is renowned for being the finest expression of Syrah in Stellenbosch.
Classic Rhône in style, the nose is deep and complex, with top notes of violets, dried rose and a dusting of herbs, before dark berries, olive tapenade, vanilla, earth and black pepper. The palate is fresh and vibrant, laced with powdery tannins and all supported by a backbone of acidity and a dark, brooding core of mulberry fruit and freshly crushed pepper. The finish is long and savoury. This is benchmark, classic Syrah.
Tim Atkin MW chose the Epilogue Syrah 2014 as his Overall Red Wine of the Year with a score of 98. And when he followed that up by scoring the 2017 vintage an almost perfect 99, the popularity of this wine exploded. A proper wine collectors’ wine - aficionados have it on their radar every year. With previous vintages going for up to £75 a bottle, who knows what this wine will be worth in a few years time.
It can be a tough task breaking into the super-posh Burgundy club for any winemaker, let alone for outsiders who speak with an English accent. But when you produce fine-quality wines like the Ragg’s hand-crafted, artisan Chardonnay, even the locals have to stand up and take notice.
This is an absolutely stonking example of White Burgundy. It’s got those classic clean, lean citrus flavours, with subtle notes of green and golden apples, and toasty almonds. And a luxuriously creamy texture from just the perfect amount of oak ageing. It’s a beautiful thing.
So many Naked winemakers tell us the big thing that sparked their passion was tasting a top-notch Chardonnay from Burgundy. And when you pour yourself a glass of this world-class Premier Cru, you’ll understand why.
- With a focus on finesse, elegance and complexity, Samuel is on a mission to show you the incredible quality of the Alsace region - particularly his rich Rieslings. And if there were a bottle to do it, then his bumper Grand Cru is top of the list.
- Every last grape in this Riesling comes from Samuel's "Schlossberg" plot. It has a very specific altitude and soil composition which makes for a super deep, strong and intense character that you simply won't find anywhere else.
- With a brilliant yellow colour, the nose is complex with notes of sweet spices and citrus fruits. It's followed by a full-bodied palate of ripe and vibrant yellow fruits. It packs a traditional Alsace bite of acidity on the finish, wrapping each sip up with a delightful freshness.
- There's a small boutique winery in the back streets of Mendoza that’s gained a reputation for some of the most elegant, high-quality Malbecs in Argentina. As luck would have it, the owner happens to be our very own Marcelo Bocardo. It's also where he makes this top-notch Malbec. No wonder it's a medal-winner...
- Angels go wild for Marcelo's Malbec every time it hits the shelves. So he thought he'd help his Angels out by making you a 2.25L box wine of his bestselling red. This way you can stock up in one fell swoop - in this box you have 3 bottles worth of the good stuff. Now you can spend more time enjoying it and less time thinking about when you'll next be able to get your hands on it.
- It has heaps of charm, flavour and intensity. It has the volume, the purity of taste, the smoothness and elegance many other Malbecs just don’t have. Every mouthful is bursting with bright fruit and massive appeal. It's made with quality, quality grapes.
If you’ve ever tasted a wine from Chablis, you’ll know this region is famous for rich and elegant whites loaded with intense fruit flavours and creamy oak complexity. It’s a white wine lover’s paradise, but what you may not know is there’s another level above your regular Chablis. And this is it.
If a top-notch Chablis is a 10/10, Sebastien’s Grand Cru kit breaks the scale. This is an exceptionally rare and prized wine - only made at 7 sites around the region - that’s very tricky to get your hands on. Luckily, you have an in with Chablis superstar Sebastien Christophe, who’s brought this super-posh drop to the UK, just for wine-lovers like you to enjoy.
Tasting this wine is quite a journey. First, it’s got those lovely rich, intense fruit aromas that Chablis is famous for, with notes of tropical peach and pineapple. Then you take a sip and it’s just got layers upon layers of flavour that hit all corners of the palate. It’s like yummy peaches and cream with just the subtlest hint of vanilla from the oak, and it’s so subtle, so excellent. It’s really delicious right now, but if you were ever going to age a white wine… we can only dream of the possibilities.