Talented Frenchman and Master graduate in viticulture, from one of the BEST villages in the Rhone
- 4th generation winemaker and a Master graduate in viticulture, what Pierre doesn't know about winemaking isn't worth knowing
- Pierre's wines come from one of the best villages in the Rhone.
- In fact, they're soon to be awarded their own appellation. Get in now before his prices go up
Map of the Vineyard
Pierre Latard's Story
"I love working closely with nature, and it's a delight to create a product which gives people such pleasure."
"Winemaking is a family passion for me, and a business through generations. I have travelled all over the world for the love of wine - including Australia, Uruguay and New Zealand, where I have worked on several estates.
I love working closely with nature, and it's a delight to create a product which gives people such pleasure. The variety of the job is also very appealing - each vintage we produce is different and new.
There are certain unfortunate things that come with being a winemaker, including wine-stained hands, lips and teeth (and having to wear plastic boots all the time), but they're worth putting up with!
If I were to offer advice for what makes a good winemaker, there are several things I would say:
- Be passionate about what you do
- Take great care of the vineyard
- Have an environmental conscience
- Regularly taste the wines
But out of all of these points, the first is the most important - you must love the job you do!"
A few Naked Extras about Pierre:
- He's once worked in 45 degree heat to nurture his vines
- His vineyard is environmentally friendly and they employ sustainable and organic practices
- Pierre's favourite wines are Chateauneuf de Pape, Henri Bonneau and Hermitage 1983, La Chapelle
- His favourite wine region second to France is South Africa
- He compares himself to a bottle of Gigondas - robust and a long-time living!
Archangels are our most interactive customers. They know our wines inside out and help us discover new wines for the site!