Naked Wines connects everyday wine drinkers with the world's best independent winemakers.
Why? Because we think it's a better deal for everyone. Talented winemakers get the support, funding and freedom they need to make the best wine they've ever made. The wine drinkers who support them get much better wine at much better prices than traditional retail.
Our mission is to change the way the whole wine industry works for the better. Better for customers, better for winemakers and better for our people. And it’s working. Revenues have tripled in the last 5 years, and were up 75% last year alone. We are the largest direct-to-consumer online wine business in the USA.
We’re now at an inflexion point in the company’s history. From startup to scale up. From challenger to market leader. From UK centric business to market leadership in the huge and fast growing US market.
It’s a great time to join a company poised to fulfil its potential.
You’ll join our newly established Product Management function at the centre of our growth strategy. Our mission is to accelerate growth globally by improving the core customer experience, allowing us to attract, acquire and retain passionate wine drinkers better than we ever have done before. Whether it’s our customer onboarding experience, our core ecommerce shopping experience or our community, we see opportunity to invest in improving the customer proposition, and build a better business as well as a bigger one, which is why we’re investing significantly in product & technology squads to do just that.
Our product & technology squads will be based across Denver (US), London (UK) and Norwich (UK)
Joining our growing Product Management function you will lead one or more autonomous, fully cross functional product squads focussed on improving one area of our product and customer experience. Working with your squad, and your business stakeholders, you will be responsible for delivering the mission of the squad and business impact.
In this role you’ll...
- Shape the product roadmap and its supporting products, paying particular attention to the needs of our different customers (internal and external) and strategically aligning product initiatives with wider business objectives.
- Lead and inspire a cross functional development team to deliver great work with a mission and vision that everyone buys in to.
- Own the backlog, clearly articulating and agreeing the user stories and acceptance criteria and prioritising based on value.
- Shape the product vision and strategy alongside the Head of Product.
- Think about the data. Analyse the impact of increments and features and provide insight on opportunities and recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Know your customers and their problems. Truly understand our user segments and their wants, needs and pain points by partnering with our in-house user research, design and customer service partners to lead an outcome-driven approach to product development.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders as well as manage their expectations and identify new opportunities by working across the business.
- Working alongside engineers, keep abreast of new technical developments that could enhance or revolutionise your products and user experience.
- Define and monitor KPIs and prove incremental value of work delivered by the team.
- Contribute to the Product Chapter to share your knowledge, learn from others and help us continually improve as a wider Product team.
- You’ll be a proven product professional with a track record of building winning B2C products used by hundreds of thousands of people
- You’ll have lead one or more product teams/squads before, and been responsible for their end-to-end vision, roadmap and delivery
- You LOVE product. You love the world of continuous discovery, user research, MVPs, prototyping, rapid iteration, designs sprints etc.
- You’ll be a problem solver at heart. You are intrigued by juicy product problems in search of elegant, simple solutions.
- You’re customer-centric. Real, actionable customer insights rock your world. You value user research and actively seek out opportunities to understand your users better
- You love building and strategising. Your perfect week might include a user story mapping session; deep diving for insights in your data; discussing with stakeholders the perfect balance of optimisation and innovation; reviewing and signing off stories
- You understand and believe in the importance of collaboration and communication - of involving key stakeholders, keeping them updated and bringing them along on the journey
- You’ll believe in the Naked Wines model, mission and purpose - to transform the wine industry by connecting wine drinkers directly with the world’s best independent winemakers
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- 5-7yrs+ product management experience
- Significant B2C eCommerce experience at a leading, at scale company
- Highly motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision and direction
- Ability to context switch easily from technology, operations, research techniques, design best practices, short term team focuses, longer team opportunities etc
- Strong data skills across qual and quant data
- Great storyteller who can bring people on the journey and inspire them
- Comfortable working across locations (we have offices based in Napa, Denver, London, Norwich and Sydney)
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
- Experience in working in an agile, cross functional development team
- Comfortable working collaboratively across teams and departments
- Test, measure and learn approach to Product development
What you’ll get
From the role
- Autonomy - your own squad (or more), clear ownership of part of the product
- Mission - working for a truly differentiated, mission driven, revolutionary brand within the wine industry
- Fun product challenges - whether it’s how to make use of our millions of customer ratings to improve product recommendations, or how to get people comfortable leaving wine reviews and engaging in our community, we have interesting product challenges all over the business
- A cool product - we’re much more than just an ecommerce site, we’re a D2C subscription company, ecommerce company and community network all rolled into one
- Impact - we’re building out our product management function. As one of the first people in the door, you’ll help us shape how we do product management at Naked
- Room to grow - investment in product & technology
- Competitive salary
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Long term incentive plan and annual Freeshares schemes
- Employer pension (if applicable) and healthcare
- Personal Training budget
- More than the odd chance to earn some free wine, plus wine credits
If you fit the bill, then we want to hear from you - please get your CV over to email@example.com