Are you a passionate, seasoned PR professional looking for your next challenge?
We’re looking for a Senior PR manager to help us execute our ambitious growth goals, and spread the word far and wide about the Naked model, and how we’re changing the wine industry for the better.
We are clear on who we are and what we stand for (we’re in the middle of rolling out a new brand repositioning) - but we need to do more to tell the Naked story to the outside world, so we’re front of mind when consumers are stocking up their wine rack.
At Naked, we believe great wine should be for everyone.
That’s why we seek out and invest in the world’s best independent winemakers and connect them directly with our customers (who we call Angels). It's a better deal for everyone.
Winemakers get the support, backing and freedom they need to make some of the best wines they’ve ever made. Our customers get the satisfaction of supporting them - and world-class wine made exclusively for them, at fair prices.
We believe our customers’ voices really matter. We’re one big community, where winemakers and drinkers can talk to each other, rate and review wine and discover new favourites.
Naked Wines has a fast growing and loyal subscriber base of nearly a million Angels across its three markets (UK, USA, AUS), and works with over 200 independent winemakers, producing 1,000+ wines in 17 countries.
The role... Senior PR Manager
Reporting to the Marketing Director, your key objective is to help form what the outside world thinks of Naked Wines, by sharing compelling stories about the brand, our products and our winemakers.
You will help shape our PR strategy - and build up relationships with consumer and trade journalists, to help us land the messages we want to convey, and bolster our reputation amongst existing customers, potential customers and the wider industry.
If successful, we’ll see movement in our brand awareness and perception scores - and we’ll come to be known as a best-in-class retailer, leading the way on quality and value.
To go into a few specifics on the role...
- You’ll get to know the brand inside out, from who we are, what we stand for, our tone of voice - through to the winemakers’ individual stories and products, and what makes them special.
- You’ll explore getting in agency support, and whether that’s an investment worth justifying - or whether that’s a year two or three thing once we’ve kicked things off ourselves.
- You’ll continually put your creative hat on and identify strong angles and stories to go out with - and you’ll ensure our products stand alongside our peers in all the key food and drink supplements.
- You’ll put pen to paper and draft our press releases (with the support of our Head of Content and copy writers)
- You’ll pick up the phone to our target publications and sell in the stories (possibly supported by an agency...)
- And you’ll report back on our progress to make sure we’re achieving our goals
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a passionate, self-motivated, results-driven team player who’s got the following experience / skill-set:
- A solid stint working in PR for an exciting consumer brand, with a proven track record of success
- Experience in devising PR strategies
- A competent copywriter who can create press releases with standout
- Experience of working with PR agencies, and getting the best out of them
- A great network of media contacts
- A great communicator, who can take internal senior stakeholders on the journey
- The ability to quantify the value of PR, and measure its success
Our HQ is in Norwich - but we have team members based in various locations.
- Working for a disruptive brand, supporting world-class winemakers
- Competitive salary (benchmarked annually)
- Annual performance-related bonus
- Long term incentive plan share scheme
- 4% Employer pension
- £300 Personal Training budget
- £100 of wine credit per quarter
If you fit the bill, then we want to hear from you - please get your CV over to email@example.com with a covering email, telling us why you’re the perfect pick for Naked. Please note, this is a role in the UK business.